|Published:||Apr 26, 2013 12:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2013 12:26 PM EDT|
HENDRY COUNTY, Fla.- The Florida Forest Service will be conducting a 40-acre prescribed burn on the Okaloacoochee Slough State Forest in rural Hendry County.
The prescribed burn will take place near County Road 832 about 6 miles east of State Road 29, to the southeast of Labelle by 12 miles. The burn will start around 10:00 am, and will take place in Section 5, Township 45 South, and Range 30 East.
The purpose of the burn is for forest and habitat improvement on the state forest, and wildfire risk reduction. The Florida Forest Service will have trucks in the area patrolling for smoke issues.
Travelers will see smoke in the area and should use appropriate precautions.
For information on prescribed fire or the Okaloacoochee Slough State Forest, visit www.floridaforestservice.com or call the Caloosahatchee Forestry Center at (239) 690-3500.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool