|Published:||Apr 26, 2013 9:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2013 10:43 PM EDT|
DESOTO CO, Fla.- WINK News learned late Friday night that a suspicious package found in Desoto County near Arcadia is not dangerous.
The Department of Health conducted preliminary tests on the powder that was inside the package and determined that is was not harmful. The package was delivered to a home just off of highway 17 early Friday.
Hazmat teams worked to decontaminate the space inside the home where the package was found.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Man bitten by shark in foot in Cocoa Beach