|Published:||Apr 26, 2013 10:23 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2013 1:14 PM EDT|
DESOTO COUNTY, Fla.- A Hazmat team responded to a suspicious package delivered to a residence off of Highway 17, just south of Arcadia, this morning.
A white powdery substance was discovered inside the package.
The four residents of the SW Waters Street home are safe, according to the DeSoto County Sheriff's Office.
The Charlotte County Hazmat team decontaminated the space inside the home where the package was.
Some of the field tests conducted so far have come back inconclusive, so the samples will go to the Department of Health in Tampa for further testing.
The homeowner told authorities she had a relative ship Borax paste from Mexico. Deputies said the paste could have dried out in transit and turned to powder.
Trust WINK News to bring you developments in this story.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use