|Published:||Apr 26, 2013 3:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2013 3:58 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Charges have been filed against a former State Trooper of the Year. The State Attorney's Office filed charges against Edward Pope for giving false information during an FDLE investigation.
In 2007, Trooper Pope was named Florida's Trooper of the Year, and in 2011 Pope ran for sheriff in Charlotte County. Just last month, Pope was on scene when a woman crashed into a canal, and he was there to pull her to safety.
The two charges against Pope are misdemeanor charges.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions