|Published:||Apr 26, 2013 11:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 26, 2013 11:29 AM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - A Bradenton teacher is in jail following his arrest on child abuse charges.
Authorities say 31-year-old Colby Cadwell is accused of throwing a 13-year-old student to the ground and physically tossing him out of the classroom earlier this week. He was scheduled to appear in court on Friday.
Cadwell is a teacher at Horizons Academy, an alternative school in Bradenton. The school district placed him on administrative leave, pending an investigation.
Manatee County Sheriff's spokesman Dave Bristow says a video that shows a portion of the incident is "quiet revealing."
According to a sheriff's office report, the victim flinched at another student like he might hit him. Caldwell then grabbed the victim, threw him to the floor and then threw him out of the classroom.
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey