Published: Apr 25, 2013 2:36 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 25, 2013 7:43 PM EDT

NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A North Fort Myers mobile home was completely destroyed by fire just after 2:00 p.m. Thursday.

The home, located on the 4600 block of Dor Lee Lane, is a total loss. Its owner, John Bolton, has only lived there about a year. According to fire officials, the blaze began in his bedroom and was electrical. They say a faulty fuse box is to blame.

Fortunately, no one was injured and Bolton and his son were not home at the time of the blaze.

"The man that lived there, I called him. I have his cell number. He was at Home Depot. He came racing home to make sure that his cat was OK. They don't know yet," said George VanBernum, the neighbor who called 911.

It's still unknown whether the cat survived.

The owner was too upset to talk.

A Prius parked near the home also appears to be badly damaged.

The blaze is not considered suspicious at this time.