|Published:||Apr 25, 2013 9:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 25, 2013 11:26 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- WINK News has learned that eight Edison State College employees will not have their contracts renewed.
One of those employees worked for the college for the last 29 years and was the director of the Hope Scholarship.
The Hope Scholarship is a program for at risk students, and is being phased out by the college. Most of Edison's staff are on yearly contracts which expire June 30th.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples