|Published:||Apr 24, 2013 11:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 24, 2013 5:06 PM EDT|
ST. PETE BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A worker died after an elevator fell on him at a Tradewinds Resort property in St. Pete Beach.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office reports that 45-year-old Mark Allen Johnson and another employee of SWS Environmental Services were working Wednesday morning at Jacaranda Beach Villas, cleaning oil from the elevator shaft. The elevator was locked by hotel maintenance before the men beginning their work.
The two men had been working in the shaft for approximately 40 minutes when the elevator fell. The other worker was not injured.
The sheriff's office is investigating the death as an accident. It wasn't immediately clear what caused the elevator to fall.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite