|Published:||Apr 24, 2013 12:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 24, 2013 12:16 PM EDT|
CRYSTAL RIVER, Fla. (AP) - The pilot and co-pilot are OK after a Citrus County Sheriff's helicopter made a hard landing on U.S. 19 in Crystal River.
Deputies say the helicopter's engine malfunctioned just before 11 p.m. Tuesday while it was on routine patrol in Citrus County.
The 1968 OH-6 helicopter landed about a half mile south of the airport.
Officials say the pilot was treated at the scene. The co-pilot was not injured.
The sheriff's office will notify the Federal Aviation Administration of the incident.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida