|Published:||Apr 23, 2013 11:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2013 11:09 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Two Collier County fire districts are moving forward with plans to merge administrative services. The hope is that it will save taxpayer dollars.
East Naples and Golden Gate commissioners feel merging the districts' staffs together will allow both districts to run more efficiently and at a lower cost to each.
It will be up to voters to approve a full consolidation in a referendum.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break