|Published:||Apr 23, 2013 10:07 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2013 10:07 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A 21-year-old man faces numerous charges after fighting with deputies who were trying to arrest him.
The incident began Monday afternoon when Deputy Felix Moret was flagged down by someone at a bus stop near Tampa. The man told the deputy he'd just been robbed at gunpoint by a man on a bicycle. The deputy saw the suspect and began chasing him.
Sheriff's officials say the deputy caught up with suspect Lamont Graddy. They say Graddy struck the deputy with his fists and tried to gouge Moret's eyes. Deputy Dave Burney arrived and tried to put Graddy in handcuffs, but he continued to struggle.
Both deputies used stun guns and took him into custody.
Moret was taken to the hospital, where he was treated and released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling