|Published:||Apr 23, 2013 10:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2013 10:06 AM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - The home former Gov. Lawton Chiles once lived in is for sale.
Chiles lived in the home across from the Lakeland Yacht and Country Club while he was in the state Senate. He sold the house in 1980.
The Ledger of Lakeland (http://bit.ly/10vKq2I ) reports old-timers in the Lakeland area still refer to the house as "the Chiles House" even though it has had two other owners in the 33 years since the family lived there.
The newspaper reports the house was built in 1939 and owners through the years have kept the historic feel of the home. The current owners almost doubled the size of the house to 3,548 square feet.
Real estate agent Brooks Chandler says the house is listed for $749,500.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico