|Published:||Apr 23, 2013 10:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2013 10:06 AM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - The home former Gov. Lawton Chiles once lived in is for sale.
Chiles lived in the home across from the Lakeland Yacht and Country Club while he was in the state Senate. He sold the house in 1980.
The Ledger of Lakeland (http://bit.ly/10vKq2I ) reports old-timers in the Lakeland area still refer to the house as "the Chiles House" even though it has had two other owners in the 33 years since the family lived there.
The newspaper reports the house was built in 1939 and owners through the years have kept the historic feel of the home. The current owners almost doubled the size of the house to 3,548 square feet.
Real estate agent Brooks Chandler says the house is listed for $749,500.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend