|Published:||Apr 23, 2013 1:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2013 6:19 PM EDT|
EAST NAPLES, Fla.- The body of 31-year-old Richard Gamez has been found inside a vehicle near San Marco Road, according to the Collier County Sheriff's Office.
The scene also caused some sort of hazmat situation.
The car was found near the base of a cell phone tower in a remote area. Gamez has some experience cleaning the bases of cell phone towers, and the Collier County Sheriff's Office says that could explain why he was there.
When authorities found Gamez, there was a potential health hazard for first responders, so they had to decontaminate the scene.
Deputies had previously asked for the public's assistance in locating Gamez, who had been reported missing by family members.
Gamez was last seen at his residence around 2:30 a.m.
Gamez was arrested in 2011 for soliciting who he thought was an underage girl online. His trial was set to begin today.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash