|Published:||Apr 23, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2013 5:11 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- A Tampa man was arrested after an apparent hit and run on I-75 this morning.
The suspect, identified as Eric Plum, was carrying a significant amount of drugs that may have been intended for distribution, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Plum allegedly ran through the woods after the accident, dropping drugs hidden in cans, and into a neighborhood off of Bayshore Road.
He was tackled by a Department of Transportation employee.
Plum was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries he sustained in the woods.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect