|Published:||Apr 22, 2013 11:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 23, 2013 11:53 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla - A simple drive turns into a nightmare for a Collier County mother and her young son.
Over the weekend the the two were car jacked near 3rd Street SW and Golden Gate Boulevard in Golden Gate Estates.
The victim was driving along the road in the pouring rain when she saw a woman carrying a gas can and before she knew it the woman and another man had opened up the side door and jumped into her mini van.
"It's affected all of us," says the victim's husband who also wanted to remain anonymous. "You can't imagine as a victim to go through something like that."
The victim's husband hopes sharing his story will help track down the two thieves. "She was waived down in the rain," says the victim's husband. "They had a gas can at which point they stopped and jumped in the vehicle and said can you please give us a ride to such an address. The address never existed."
The suspects told her to drive to 16th Avenue NE. That's when she was told put the mini van in park and get out. "My wife said please let me get my child, let me get my child, so he says get your child and get out of the van."
She ran through the rain to the nearest house and called for help. "Someone who is capable of doing this to a child and a mother, what more are they capable of?"
The Collier County Sheriff's Office is looking for a maroon 1997 Town and Country Mini Van with the license plate I684RL.
"I'm just grateful my wife and child are okay and I'd just like to see these people arrested for what they did before they do something worse to someone else."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Collier County Sheriff's Office or Crimestoppers.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday