|Published:||Apr 19, 2013 9:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 19, 2013 9:58 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, FL - "Today was a really, started off as a really happy day," said Kim Miller.
Kim Miller said it was the first time she could be happy about the Boston Marathon. She hasn't even been able to celebrate her own success in crossing the finish line.
"I finished in a really good time, an hour before everything went off, so it was hopeful," said Miller.
Miller said that all changed when two bombs went off near the finish line.
"It was full of fear and scared you didn't know what was going to happen next, so I came home happy to be back in our sleepy little town of Naples."
For another Naples resident, Erica Norgart, who has run this marathon six times. She said she's please with how authorities handled this week's investigation.
"I really was worried that this would be one of those cases that they wouldn't solve," said Norgart.
The high school teacher said she has a hard time understanding how a teenager could becoming involved in such a dangerous and deadly situation.
"It almost makes me think, could this kind of thing happen to anybody? That they can be changed into a person that would do this," said Norgart.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- FSU accuser's attorney to hold news conference
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool