|Published:||Apr 18, 2013 2:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2013 6:43 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A toddler drown this afternoon in a pool at a home on the 8900-block of Fordham Street in Fort Myers.
The victim's name has not yet been released.
Detectives on scene say the drowning appears to be accidental.
The family's pastor said the house is a home day care. He said there was a fence around the pool, but somehow the child got around the fence and into the pool.
Paramedics tried unsuccessfully to revive the child on the way to the hospital.
The Lee County Sheriff's Department said no further information will be released today.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore