|Published:||Apr 18, 2013 11:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2013 11:09 AM EDT|
KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) - Polk County Sheriff's Deputies and officers from a U.S. Marshals task force have arrested a New Jersey fugitive on homicide charges in Florida.
Raymond A. Finch was wanted in Cumberland County, N.J., for the 2007 shooting of a woman and her baby. The woman died from the shooting and the baby survived but was paralyzed.
Recently, the 34-year-old Finch was identified as the suspect and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Authorities received information that Finch may be in the Kissimmee area.
On Wednesday Finch was arrested in Kissimmee. He has been booked into the Polk County Jail where he will await extradition to New Jersey.
It's unclear whether he has retained an attorney.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft