|Published:||Apr 17, 2013 5:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 17, 2013 5:45 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A neighborhood watch member was arrested for allegedly sneaking into a woman's bedroom inside the Jones Mobile Home park off North Tamiami Trail in North Fort Myers.
59 year-old Michael Taylor was booked into the Lee County Jail Tuesday night.
The victim, Tammie Haffner, says she woke up to see a strange man in her bedroom hallway.
When Haffner asked the man what he wanted she claims he said, "I just want to talk."
Shortly after, deputies say the man identified by neighbors as Taylor, left the home but was seen peeping through Haffner's window.
Neighbors say they recognized Haffner and followed him to his nearby mobile home.
He remains in jail as of Wednesday night.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating