|Published:||Apr 16, 2013 3:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 16, 2013 5:04 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Don't let the New York Yankees hat fool you, Ted Jendzejec is a New Englander.
"From Rhode Island, but we're neighbors with Massachusetts," said Jendzejec.
He said he was deeply affected by Monday's bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
"Just tragic, very tragic."
A tragedy that thit the heart of New Englad during their Patriot's Day celebration.
"I don't want to say takes the day off but, yes they take the day off and heads to Massachusetts and participate in Patriots Day activities," said Jendzejec.
Jendzejec himself has taken taken the day off in years past to watch Red Sox games. This year, he spent the holiday in Naples as part of his week-long vacation. But the images he saw unfolding on his television screen, forced him to do something.
"Today's a good day to donate blood so this is what I can do while I'm down here."
And it's something Jendezjec said he never imagined he would be doing while on vacation.
"But this is an emergency."
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico