|Published:||Apr 16, 2013 12:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 16, 2013 12:29 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Firefighters say a man was injured and three dogs died when a Tampa house caught on fire.
The fire was reported early Tuesday in the city's Sulphur Springs area.
Capt. Tony Perez says they noticed smoke coming from the home when they arrived. Crews forced open the front door and found an unconscious man several feet inside the house.
The man was taken to Tampa General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
While firefighters were searching the home, they found three dead dogs.
The Arson Task Force is investigating to determine what caused the fire.
The man's name has not been released. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent