|Published:||Apr 16, 2013 12:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 16, 2013 12:29 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Firefighters say a man was injured and three dogs died when a Tampa house caught on fire.
The fire was reported early Tuesday in the city's Sulphur Springs area.
Capt. Tony Perez says they noticed smoke coming from the home when they arrived. Crews forced open the front door and found an unconscious man several feet inside the house.
The man was taken to Tampa General Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
While firefighters were searching the home, they found three dead dogs.
The Arson Task Force is investigating to determine what caused the fire.
The man's name has not been released. No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect