|Published:||Apr 15, 2013 10:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 15, 2013 12:37 PM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. (AP) - A man accused of child abuse in his daughter's death has posted bail and has left the Sarasota County Jail.
The Sarasota Herald-Tribune (http://bit.ly/137kwim ) reports 35-year-old Kenneth Stoddard must stay at his mother's house and can't leave the area as he awaits a July 1 trial.
Stoddard and his wife, Misty Stoddard, are accused in the December death of 11-year-old Melissa Stoddard. Authorities say she died of lack of oxygen to the brain.
Prosecutors say the child, who was autistic, had been tied and forced to sleep on a plywood board, her mouth duct-taped shut. The girl lost 40 pounds over a three-month period.
Misty Stoddard's attorneys denied the allegations during a January hearing. The newspaper reports she remains in jail and is pregnant.
Information from: Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune, http://www.heraldtribune.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes