|Published:||Apr 14, 2013 9:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2013 9:18 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - An accident in Fort Myers involving an ambulance sent several people to the hospital tonight. It happened at the intersection of First Street and Evans Avenue downtown.
Officials on scene said a pickup truck side-swiped the ambulance, causing the ambulance to hit a palm tree and a telephone pole. The tree and pole were knocked to the ground.
Responders say all involved were taken to Lee Memorial Hospital. We'll bring you more information as soon as updates come in.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified