|Published:||Apr 14, 2013 6:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2013 6:28 PM EDT|
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) - The pilot of a small plane has died after crashing near the Treasure Coast Airpark.
Deputies from the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office were called to the scene of the crash Sunday at 9 a.m.
Authorities say a single-seat, single-engine aircraft built from a kit crashed nose down near the entrance of the private Port St. Lucie airport. The pilot, 62-year-old John Schoonover of Davie, was killed on impact.
No information on the cause of the crash was immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman