|Published:||Apr 14, 2013 11:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2013 11:10 AM EDT|
A man at the center of a 2002 murder investigation was found dead in the Bahamas, according to the Miami Herald.
The newspaper reports Randolph Coakley was shot to death in the Bahamas.
He was considered a key figure in the murder of 17-year-old Marissa Karp.
In 2002, her body was found stuffed in plastic bags in a Collier County canal off Alligator Alley.
Her death remains a mystery.
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba