|Published:||Apr 14, 2013 11:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2013 11:10 AM EDT|
A man at the center of a 2002 murder investigation was found dead in the Bahamas, according to the Miami Herald.
The newspaper reports Randolph Coakley was shot to death in the Bahamas.
He was considered a key figure in the murder of 17-year-old Marissa Karp.
In 2002, her body was found stuffed in plastic bags in a Collier County canal off Alligator Alley.
Her death remains a mystery.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate