|Published:||Apr 13, 2013 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 13, 2013 5:21 PM EDT|
RIVIERA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Five people have been killed in a two-vehicle crash on an interstate exit ramp in South Florida.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that a Mercedes ran a red light as it exited Interstate 95 in Riviera Beach early Saturday and struck a Lexus.
FHP Lt. Tim Frith says the Lexus rolled over and hit two trees. Several passengers were ejected.
Four of the occupants of the Lexus were pronounced dead at the scene. A fifth died at the hospital. All were between the ages of 14 and 22.
Frith says the driver of the Mercedes was taken to St. Mary's Medical Center and was not cooperating with investigators.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk