|Published:||Apr 12, 2013 3:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 12, 2013 3:13 PM EDT|
NEW YORK (AP) - A New York jury has awarded $12 million in punitive damages to a Florida billionaire in his dispute over pricey wine.
Friday's federal court decision was another victory for William Koch (KOHK').
On Thursday, the Manhattan jury found that he was sold fake vintage wine by California businessman Eric Greenberg. It awarded Koch about $380,000 in compensatory damages.
Koch also is a yachtsman who won the America's Cup in 1992.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search