|Published:||Apr 11, 2013 9:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 11, 2013 10:41 PM EDT|
NORTH NAPLES, Fla - A North Naples man puts his life on the line to save his 99 year old neighbor from a fire.
Thick, dense smoke and flames trapped the woman inside her home.
The rescue happened in a mobile home park at Sunshine Boulevard and Jacaranda Court just off Wiggins Pass and 41 in North Naples.
Eleanor Holmer will be 100 years old next month. Thursday night she remains at the hospital lucky her neighbor, Mike Mosier, was nearby to help her escape the flames.
"I heard her calling out I looked out and she was hanging out the door and smoke was coming out," says Mosier. "I ran over as fast as I could."
More than 20 North Naples fire fighters responded to the flames. The majority of the damage is inside the home, but there is a strong smell of smoke, windows are boarded up and there is broken glass in the front yard.
Mosier tells WINK News Eleanor suffered burns on her back and arms and was taken to NCH.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. The State Fire Marshal has been called in to investigate.
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent