|Published:||Apr 11, 2013 9:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 11, 2013 10:41 PM EDT|
NORTH NAPLES, Fla - A North Naples man puts his life on the line to save his 99 year old neighbor from a fire.
Thick, dense smoke and flames trapped the woman inside her home.
The rescue happened in a mobile home park at Sunshine Boulevard and Jacaranda Court just off Wiggins Pass and 41 in North Naples.
Eleanor Holmer will be 100 years old next month. Thursday night she remains at the hospital lucky her neighbor, Mike Mosier, was nearby to help her escape the flames.
"I heard her calling out I looked out and she was hanging out the door and smoke was coming out," says Mosier. "I ran over as fast as I could."
More than 20 North Naples fire fighters responded to the flames. The majority of the damage is inside the home, but there is a strong smell of smoke, windows are boarded up and there is broken glass in the front yard.
Mosier tells WINK News Eleanor suffered burns on her back and arms and was taken to NCH.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation. The State Fire Marshal has been called in to investigate.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis