|Published:||Apr 11, 2013 11:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 11, 2013 4:46 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The Florida grandparents of two young boys say the children seem unaware that their parents had kidnapped them and thought their trip to Cuba was just a vacation.
Patricia and Bob Hauser spoke to the media Thursday outside their home in Tampa. They say they want to get the boys back to a normal schedule and "just be carefree little boys again."
The grandparents have legal custody of 4-year-old Cole and 2-year-old Chase. Neither child has mentioned the trip to Cuba last week.
Their parents, Joshua and Sharyn Hakken, were charged with kidnapping the boys and ordered to remain in jail without bond.
The boys appeared briefly during the press conference, saying "hi" to reporters. Cole jokingly stuck out his tongue as Chase held onto his toy cars.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann