|Published:||Apr 11, 2013 1:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 11, 2013 3:00 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties is looking for extra donations and volunteers for a special Mother's Day home build.
Women Build 2013 is all about bringing together women volunteers from across Southwest Florida in an effort to house some single mothers.
The organization plans to build 3 homes this year, but so far, only has the money for 2. It needs $50,000 extra to meet its goals.
Donations are due by the first day of work, April 27. The day before Mother's Day, Habitat plans to turn over the house keys to the new homeowners.
Habitat is also looking for volunteers to help build. While the focus is on getting more women involved in construction, Habitat says men are welcome to sign up.
For more information, visit http://habitat4humanity.org/women-build.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft