|Published:||Apr 11, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 11, 2013 11:01 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - The body of a missing Pinellas County boater has been recovered.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office say it appears Michael Douglas Rhine's death was accidental. An autopsy is scheduled and the investigation is continuing. Rhine's body was found Wednesday afternoon.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/12OEmPl ) reports Rhine fell overboard Sunday afternoon when his boat experienced engine trouble. Deputies say he leaned over to try to fix the outboard motor and fell into the water. He didn't resurface.
Rhine was at the mouth of Bunces Pass near Fort Desoto Park in Tierra Verde.
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission officials assisted in the search for Rhine.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted