|Published:||Apr 10, 2013 11:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 10, 2013 12:51 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Ann Strum was arrested and charged with second degree murder for shooting her personal trainer back in 2008. According to her attorney, David Brener, Strum has accepted a plea deal in the case that sentences her to 11 years behind bars and 19 years probation.
Brener says that the woman is delusional, and he filed paperwork with the court saying that if this went to trial, he planned to use the insanity defense.
With credit for time served, she could get out in as little as five years.
As a condition of her probation, Strum will have to undergo monthly mental health checks.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft