|Published:||Apr 10, 2013 11:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 10, 2013 12:51 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Ann Strum was arrested and charged with second degree murder for shooting her personal trainer back in 2008. According to her attorney, David Brener, Strum has accepted a plea deal in the case that sentences her to 11 years behind bars and 19 years probation.
Brener says that the woman is delusional, and he filed paperwork with the court saying that if this went to trial, he planned to use the insanity defense.
With credit for time served, she could get out in as little as five years.
As a condition of her probation, Strum will have to undergo monthly mental health checks.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool