|Published:||Apr 09, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- Officials are conducting a death investigation after finding a body in a vehicle in a Publix parking lot Monday night.
At approximately 10:25 p.m., the Marco Island Police Department was dispatched to the parking lot adjacent to the Publix at 1089 North Collier Blvd. in regards to an unconscious female found inside a vehicle in the parking lot. Attempts to resuscitate the female were unsuccessful and emergency medical units on the scene determined that the victim was deceased.
Officers secured the scene and detectives began an investigation.
Preliminary investigation suggests there is no evidence of foul play involved; the decedant's personal effects were located with her, in good order, there was no sign of struggle nor any evidence of harm to the victim.
The death appears to be the result of a medical condition, yet unknown and unconfirmed. The decedant, a forty-eight year non-island resident was conveyed to the medical examiner's office, where their investigation will determine cause and manner of death.
The investigation continues and updates can be expected as information becomes available. The name shall be released upon verification that all of the victim's next of kin have been notified of her death.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash