|Published:||Apr 09, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, Fla.- Officials are conducting a death investigation after finding a body in a vehicle in a Publix parking lot Monday night.
At approximately 10:25 p.m., the Marco Island Police Department was dispatched to the parking lot adjacent to the Publix at 1089 North Collier Blvd. in regards to an unconscious female found inside a vehicle in the parking lot. Attempts to resuscitate the female were unsuccessful and emergency medical units on the scene determined that the victim was deceased.
Officers secured the scene and detectives began an investigation.
Preliminary investigation suggests there is no evidence of foul play involved; the decedant's personal effects were located with her, in good order, there was no sign of struggle nor any evidence of harm to the victim.
The death appears to be the result of a medical condition, yet unknown and unconfirmed. The decedant, a forty-eight year non-island resident was conveyed to the medical examiner's office, where their investigation will determine cause and manner of death.
The investigation continues and updates can be expected as information becomes available. The name shall be released upon verification that all of the victim's next of kin have been notified of her death.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers