|Published:||Apr 09, 2013 3:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2013 4:38 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- There was a brief scare at the Collier County Sheriff's Office today, after a man told deputies he had a grenade in his car.
It turns out, he was simply trying to turn over the device to authorities. Deputies closed part of the Sheriff's Office and courthouse parking lot while they investigated. They called in the bomb squad to examine the grenade.
Vito Bono says he found the explosive 50 years ago, and had it in a safe ever since.
Once they discovered the grenade was not a threat, deputies re-opened the parking lot.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run