|Published:||Apr 09, 2013 10:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 09, 2013 12:46 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A 100-year-old unoccupied structure burned to the ground shortly before 9:00 a.m. on the 45550 block of Farabee Road. Officials have determined the fire was electrical in nature.
No one was injured.
The fire sparked a brush fire nearby, which was quickly controlled.
The property belongs to Farabee Cattle Company. The family who owns the property says the structure that was destroyed had sentimental value and was the original home when the property was first developed. Even though it was abandoned, there was still power running to it.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41