|Published:||Apr 09, 2013 3:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 19, 2013 7:44 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Construction will begin this summer on a new traffic light at a controversial Fort Myers intersection.
There has been a strong push for a signal at Briarcliff Road and Metro Parkway since the extension opened in October. There have been a number of crashes at the intersection, including one that left David Vanaman in a medically-induced coma for days.
The light will cost about $400,000. The county and FDOT will split the bill.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo