|Published:||Apr 08, 2013 10:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2013 10:32 AM EDT|
OAKLAND PARK, Fla. (AP) - Broward County hospital officials say a 5-year-old girl who fell from a 7th-story window has been upgraded to stable condition.
The girl was taken to Broward Health Medical Center in critical condition Friday night after falling from her bedroom window in an Oakland Park apartment.
Hospital officials tell WTVJ-TV in Miami (http://bit.ly/14XTIFr ) that the girl's condition improved Sunday.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says Seaniecea Fleming was found walking along the windowsill in the bedroom. Authorities say that when she tried to reach the nearby bunk beds, she fell through the screen and open window and plunged to the grass below.
Bystanders took the girl and her mother to a hospital. At the time, authorities said the girl suffered multiple traumatic injuries.
Information from: WTVJ-TV, http://www.nbc6.net/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
(Photo MGN Online)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral