|Published:||Apr 08, 2013 10:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2013 10:17 AM EDT|
KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. (AP) - Miami-Dade police are searching for a diver who was reported missing during a diving trip off Key Biscayne.
Investigators say a group of friends left of a diving trip Sunday. They were about 3 ½ miles off Key Biscayne when a diver jumped into the water and missed the lifeline rope. Strong currents pulled him away from the boat.
Police say that as the boat captain turned the boat to rescue the diver, they lost sight of him.
A distress signal was transmitted over marine radio and multiple law enforcement agencies responded.
The diver had not been found by late Sunday.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'