|Published:||Apr 08, 2013 10:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2013 10:27 AM EDT|
DELAND, Fla. (AP) - One person died and two others were injured during a weekend shooting at a DeLand nightclub.
Police say 24-year-old Jamel Simmons was found Sunday lying in the street outside The Big House, which is a house that operates as a nightclub. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
Deputy Police Chief Randel Henderson told the Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/Zhw4eS ) two other people were taken to the hospital - one with a gunshot wound and the other with injuries from a physical altercation.
Police have released few details, including the victims' names or genders. Henderson says that's because they are "instrumental to the case."
The home is known in the area as a party house. Henderson says this isn't the first incident at the home.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens