|Published:||Apr 06, 2013 9:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2013 9:10 PM EDT|
OAKLAND PARK, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 5-year-old girl is hospitalized in critical condition after falling from a 7th-story window.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says the two adults and three children were in the Oakland Park apartment Friday night when the 5-year-old went to bed. The girl's 8-year-old brother later saw her walking along the windowsill near her bunk bed.
Authorities say the girl suffered multiple traumatic injuries when she lost her balance and fell through a screen to the grass below.
Bystanders took the girl and her mother to a hospital. Authorities say the girl is in critical condition.
Police and Florida's Department of Children and Families are investigating.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba