|Published:||Apr 06, 2013 9:10 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2013 9:10 PM EDT|
OAKLAND PARK, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a 5-year-old girl is hospitalized in critical condition after falling from a 7th-story window.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says the two adults and three children were in the Oakland Park apartment Friday night when the 5-year-old went to bed. The girl's 8-year-old brother later saw her walking along the windowsill near her bunk bed.
Authorities say the girl suffered multiple traumatic injuries when she lost her balance and fell through a screen to the grass below.
Bystanders took the girl and her mother to a hospital. Authorities say the girl is in critical condition.
Police and Florida's Department of Children and Families are investigating.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday