|Published:||Apr 06, 2013 6:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2013 6:08 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office arrested a man after they say he caused major damage at a 7-Eleven early this morning.
According to LCSO, Antonio Ojeda sped out of a hookah lounge parking lot on McGregor Boulevard in South Fort Myers after deputies were there trying to break up a large crowd.
Investigators say as Ojeda lost control of his car and crashed through the 7-Eleven parking lot at Cypress Lake Drive and McGregor, hitting two other cars. A deputy was able to determine that Ojeda's Nissan was traveling at minimum speed of 92 mph in a posted 45 mph speed zone through scientific mathematical equations.
Deputies say Ojeda then took off on foot.K-9 units later found Ojeda hiding in a ditch.
Ojeda was arrested on 27 different charges, including DUI, DUI property damage, Reckless Driving , Reckless Driving with property damage, and Leaving the scene of a crash with property damage.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer