|Published:||Apr 06, 2013 8:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 06, 2013 8:24 AM EDT|
Fort Myers Beach, Fla.- Fort Myers Beach is the site of the very first U.S. all-women's sand sculpting competition. The Sand Bash Women's Master Sand Sculpting Championship takes place from April 5 through April 14, with proceeds benefiting the Southwest Florida affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Professional women sand sculptors from Australia, Latvia, Netherlands, Italy, Canada and the United States will be competing in solo and double divisions. In addition to the sand sculptures, live shows, children's activities and a specialty retail market will be entertaining visitors each day.
Admission to the event is $5 per person or $18 for a family of four. Children under five years of age will be admitted at no cost. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information about Sand Bash, please visit www.sandbash.com. For more information about Komen, visit Komenswfl.org.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash