|Published:||Apr 05, 2013 1:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 05, 2013 1:23 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla.- The very first US all women's sand sculpting competition is under way on Fort Myers Beach.
Professional sculptors have been hard at work since about 9:00 a.m., and have come from all over. Six different countries are represented including Australia, Lativia and the Netherlands.
Ladies will be competing in solo and double divisions. Some of them have been sand scultping for 30 years and competing all over the world.
This event benefit the Southwest Florida Susan G. Komen Foundation and organizers say, some of the women here are breast cancer survivors themselves.
The sand bash starts today and goes until the 14th. It's happening behind the Holiday Inn on Fort Myers Beach. Tickets are $5 a person.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools