|Published:||Apr 05, 2013 10:46 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 05, 2013 10:46 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Police say a St. Petersburg woman was arrested after they found her selling drugs from her car while an 8-year-old girl sat in the back seat.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/Zc1OC2 ) reports police watched 51-year-old Rachel Augustine Burton conduct a drug deal on Wednesday afternoon. They followed her to a Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits, where they approached her car.
According to police, the woman threw a container under the car. But it broke open, revealing packets of heroin and cocaine.
Burton, who also uses the last name Thomas, was arrested on several charges, including possession of heroin and cocaine with the intent to sell. She was released from jail on Thursday.
The Times reports a relative took custody of the girl. The relationship between Burton and the girl wasn't revealed.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014