|Published:||Apr 04, 2013 11:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 04, 2013 11:02 AM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - The Broward Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal stabbing that was apparently sparked by a traffic crash.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/Xr9WV1 ) reports 20-year-old Keema Gooding died Wednesday evening, hours after the vehicle he was driving was struck by another vehicle.
Deputies say after the crash, Gooding, his girlfriend and some friends confronted the driver of the other car. Authorities say Gooding knew the suspect. During an argument, Gooding was stabbed in the chest with a knife.
Friends drove Gooding to Plantation General Hospital, where he was stabilized and transferred to Broward Health Medical Center. He died at 2:11 p.m.
Deputies are searching for the suspect. A $1,000 reward has been offered for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti