|Published:||Apr 04, 2013 11:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 04, 2013 11:10 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A witness called police after following a bank robbery suspect to a nearby motel.
St. Petersburg police say that tip helped them arrest 35-year-old Thor Ian Gensinger on Wednesday afternoon.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/11qlPtt ) reports Gensinger is accused of passing a note demanding cash to a teller at Achieva Credit Union.
Police say Gensinger left the bank and walked to his room at the El Patio Motel. That's where police found him after the witness called them.
Gensinger was booked into the Pinellas County Jail on a charge of strong arm robbery. He's being held on $20,000 bail.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral