|Published:||Apr 03, 2013 11:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 03, 2013 11:13 AM EDT|
WESTON, Fla. (AP) - A small plane made an emergency landing on U.S. 27 in South Florida.
The Broward Sheriff's Office says the two people on board were not injured when the plane landed on the highway Tuesday night. It landed about five miles north of Interstate 75 near Weston.
Officials say the plane went off the roadway and came to rest on the median. No one on the road was injured.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect