|Published:||Apr 03, 2013 10:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 03, 2013 12:06 PM EDT|
BOCA RATON, Fla.- Boca Raton Police are on the scene of a shooting at Comerica Bank on North Military Trail, according to CBS affiliate WFOR.
Numerous units are at the bank, located at 1675 N. Military Trail.
A police spokeswoman could not confirm if anyone was injured or killed, but said there is no threat to the public.
Workers who had been evacuated from inside the building said a man went inside the building, shot his wife, then himself on the fifth floor in the offices of CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann accountants.
The woman killed was identified as 56-year-old Sharon Bellingham, marketing manager for the accounting office. The suspected shooter was her husband, 63-year-old Scott Edgerton, according to Boca Raton police.
Edgerton, a former Boca Raton News general manager, was executive director of the Group Counseling Center in Boca Raton starting in 2000. The center changed its name to Faulk Center for Counseling in February and appointed a new director. Edgerton's name was not listed among the new entity's management or board of trustees.
Checl back to WFOR's website here for updates.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges