|Published:||Apr 03, 2013 8:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 03, 2013 11:35 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Two people have been killed in a helicopter that crashed after departing an executive airport in southwest Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue officials say the Robinson R44 helicopter went down Wednesday afternoon about two miles east of Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport. It crashed in a parking lot and burst into flames.
The officials said two people aboard were killed. Their identities were not immediately released. There were no injuries on the ground.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the crash.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer