|Published:||Apr 03, 2013 8:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 03, 2013 11:35 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Two people have been killed in a helicopter that crashed after departing an executive airport in southwest Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue officials say the Robinson R44 helicopter went down Wednesday afternoon about two miles east of Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport. It crashed in a parking lot and burst into flames.
The officials said two people aboard were killed. Their identities were not immediately released. There were no injuries on the ground.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the crash.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies