|Published:||Apr 03, 2013 8:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 03, 2013 11:52 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- Lee County deputies are investigaing a death in North Fort Myers. Authorities say a body was found inside a home on Slater Road at around 4:30 this afternoon. They say they do not know how the person died. Authorities are on the scene investigating. WINK News also has a team at the home getting the latest information.
"A lot of blue collar workers around here and it's quiet," said Darin Fine.
Fine has lived here at the quiet Al Jones Trailer Park for nearly two years. He says when he arrived home from work, he was greeted with yellow crime scene tape.
"A little leerie. I am glad I have a dog," he said.
Around 6:30pm, the Lee County Sheriffs Office responded to a call about a dead body in one of the trailers.
It was a whitle man that lived right behind Donna Vance. She didn't want to show her face to the WINK News cameras because she says her neighbor was involved in a lot of drug activity.
"Because of the traffic that used to come in and out and last month he was arrested and lost his car and drug charges," said Vance.
Other neighbors tell us they heard the man was strangled to death.
"Maybe he had a discrepency with one of his friends or something," said Fine.
"I heard him yelling at somebody and it must have been on the phone. Next thing I know I see the cops showing up," said Vance.
Vance says once she learned about the deadly discovery, she remembered something the victim told her not too long ago.
"He had told me that he has had attempts on his life before he went to jail a month ago," she said.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army